Friday, April 17, 2009

ZZZZZZZZZZ

Is sleep deprivation a disorder? Is that even a word? If it is I think I'm handicapped! I think I fell asleep in all of my classes today and I somehow don't remember getting from one classroom to the next. If I had any conversations with anyone today, I don't remember what I said or who it was with. I'm like a breathing walking zombie and I think I can sleep with my eyes open. Have you ever just sat and watched someone try to stay awake when they have the head-bobbing and the random jerking movements? Funny, right? Well. I have to stand up for those of us who are only good for your entertainment on those days. Sometimes you just can't help it! The head-bobbing is absolutely impossible to stop, unless you lay your head down, simple solution, but puts you at a higher risk of getting caught by the teacher and made fun of even more. As for the random jerking... by this point your brain is basically dead and your head feels like it weighs 50 pounds by itself, you have no control. Especially when the weird dreams start coming where your falling out of bed (a side effect of the head-bobbing). I just pray that today wasn't one of the days where they put off the lesson so that everyone could get their kicks out of an innocent kid who sat staring at the ceiling all night because the sand man was on vacation. I can't count the times that someone had to pull me out of a deep dark trance I was in because I was creeping them out by staring at them for extended amounts of time without blinking (I don't think its true but they also told me I was getting a little stream coming out of the corner of my mouth at the time which makes it worse-I don't even want to try and guess what they were probably thinking I was thinking... Oh dear!!!) What happened to the good old days when we always had oodles of sleep and energy gallor? Oh well. I better get used to it!! Here comes college!
Kate

1 comment:

  1. I've been there! Wait until you start writing on your pants because you're asleep! Or when you can't read your chemistry notes because it's just a bunch of squiggles! Trust me, I've been there! Hope you sleep better tonight!

    ReplyDelete