Monday, April 6, 2009

Another Breakdown

I loved my job. I loved working with the people and meeting new people. I loved the (most of) the people I worked with and I loved what I did. Now however, everything I loved I don't get to do. Going to work wasn't something I despised and hated, I liked it. Until now. Now the very thought of work makes me cry and want to walk in front of the resturaunt with a sign yelling "DISCRIMINATION!!!" and some other unpleasant things I wouldn't say in front of my mother. I was talking to one of my co-workers today and she is one of the "priviledged" people who run the front of the resturaunt and steal all my hard earned money. Well, she told me that on Saturday when she worked she gave the 'expo' (the slave in the back) 30% of her tips that she owed them and it was only $19.00, so she gave them $20.00 to be nice. Well when she counted her left over tips she had $115.00!!!! Ya. She felt really bad because she knew she didn't earn that much so she gave the expo another $20, but still. Out of the $135 that the expo rightfully earned they only got $40. I'm not saying that wasn't very nice of the server but the system that we are using is ridiculous! And what makes me even more angry about the whole situation is that if she only owed the expo $19 out of everything she made, that means the people I worked with walked away making bank because one owed me $25 and one owed me $19. One of the other expo's turned in her two weeks notice after working once and I'm still trying to convince myself to stay so I can pay my bills. I am supposed to work tonight and I just want to quit on the spot and walk away. They can even keep their $18 dollars they owe me for the last three or four weeks of work.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Kate. That's hard to work so hard for nothing. I don't know what to say. Just hang in there. Keep your eyes open for another job. Maybe someone else is hiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take this job and shove it. Yeah thats right up there where the sun don't shine. But that is my opinion I know you work to hard for the pile of bull pucky you put up with. You will find a better job quick just looooook vewwwwy vewwwwy much harder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. guess what? they're stealing from you. come live with your sister and make minimum wage!!! in fact, you can come work for me, and i'll pay you more than $19 a day! :)

    ReplyDelete