Everyone has at least one ridiculous fear that they just can't seem to overcome. For some people its heights, others its germs, but for me... Spiders take the cake. They have got to be the most disgusting, creepy, scary thing I have ever been afraid of, and let me tell you, deep down I'm a pansy. Things scare me. Lots of things. Moving on. I hope to someday be able to not scream when I see the creepy little things and not be afraid to go in the same area after it's been removed because of a fear of the pregnant spiders having millions of little creepy babies. I saw one smashed once and it had a sack on it's back and babies literally exploded from that disgusting thing and covered the ground, repopulating the world in just one second. I've never been the same since. The other day at work I went in the back closet to get some things to restock the kitchen and when I turned around there was the biggest nastiest black spider I have ever seen for a while. I ran out screaming and jumping around and now people out there can't stop themselves from making fun of me. It's really quite mean of them but it seems to bring them great joy.
Last night I decided to take a long hot bath to soak away my stress and I was enjoying it thoroughly when I decided to shave my legs. I love that feeling when they're all soft and smooth. It's one of the greatest feelings in the world, and I hear it's kind of like having a baby- minus the pain, just the overwhelming satisfaction and you can't help but stare at them (babies too). Well during this invigorating experience I looked up and started screaming. It was the most nasty sick spider ever and it was less then two feet away from me. It was traumatizing! Well I started yelling for help and screaming "SPIDER!!!" When I heard someone running through the house on their way to my rescue, which really suprised me because normally they just ignore me and tell me to take care of the problem. Well, my rescuer happened to be my mom which really shocked me. It sounded like she was trying to tear through the door and she about took it off the hinges, I had locked it, naturally. What a woman! When her child was in need, nothing would stop her, no matter how ridiculous she thought it was. She finally got the door unlocked (in record time) and I was still yelling "GET IT OUT!" When she came in she looked around, and the anxiety left her face. I was a little confused since the spider was still there. Thats when she asked what was wrong. When I told her it was a spider I thought she was going to drowned me! She couldn't believe it, although I had been yelling it from the start. She thought I had been yelling "FIRE, GET IT OUT!" and her motherly insticts had kicked in on high alert. I was a little disappointed to find out she probably wouldn't have cared if she knew what it really was, but she did get the spider out and all was well, after she checked for more and made sure the proximity was safe with no baby spiders around. Thanks mom, you're the best!
Kate
Christmas Day
7 months ago



Dear Kate,
ReplyDeleteJust for your information--Shaving your legs and the sensation of smooth has nothing to do with the feeling you get after you have a baby ;)
Just for everyone else's info, the spider was only a 1/3 size wolf spider and it is funny that it is still breathing after having it's ears blasted out with the sound of all the screaming and sputtering and splashing and thrashing around in the tub! I dare say that it will never be the same and will probably never venture near the house again! mom
Oh Katie, That is hilarious! I understand the trauma of spiders! I had my own episode with a spider last week! I was getting ready to vacuum, so I was moving my kitchen chairs. I grabbed one, and something felt kind of funny and I thought, what was that? Yep, you guessed it. A black nasty horrific spider!!!!!! I screamed and started dancing around because I ACTUALLY TOUCHED IT!!!!! I was completely traumatized. And even thinking about it right now I have the heebie geebies!!! I immediately called Mom!! Wrong person to call...she made me feel guitly for smashing the little bugger. And she told me the story of Bruce the Magnificent or whoever he was and how he was inspired by a spider of all things!!!! Then she challenged me to save the life of the next spider I see. Well, thankfully I haven't seen any since, 'cause I just don't know if I have the guts!!! Anyway, I should have called you, you would have sympathized at my trauma!!! Just kidding mom, I'm glad I give you something to laugh at and I was inspired by Bruce, but the inspiration is wearing off! The creepiness is creeping back in! Between me and Katie you probably get a good laugh!! I still can't sit in that kitchen chair and I hate it if it gets pulled out because that means I have to touch it to push it back under the table. OOHHH. I keep giving myself goose bumps thinking about it!
ReplyDeletep.s. you never comment on my blog! I need comments, I crave comments!!!! COMMENT!!!! Love ya
ReplyDeleteokay, that is probably top five funniest posts i have ever read! so you have trina's spider problem? they are weird, and i'm sorry it interupted your relaxation. i'm sorrier for your mom getting her pants scared off thinking she had to save her precious daughter from a fire!!! also -- although i laughed my head off hearing the comparison of shaved legs to giving birth -- so truly hilarious -- giving birth is sort of it's own special thing. you can look forward to it!
ReplyDelete