Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bits of inspiration

So not too long before Kevin and I were married I talked to a distant family member and the conversation left me very angry and upset. After walking me around the block and talking to me for awhile my mood had still not improved. I just wanted to be mad. I didn't care to work things out, I was right and that was all there was to it. My poor Kevin didn't know what to do. Finally when he could do nothing and say nothing that helped me feel better he said...."Your happiness affects me too, you know." Oh boy did that ever teach me a lesson! How selfish of me to only think of myself. Sometimes we get too caught up in the "ME" that we forget about those around us who mean the most to us. May we all try to be a little kinder to those we love... and to those we don't. ;) -Mandy

2 comments:

  1. We all have those moments. I hope you feel better. And I hope I wasn't the relative. Love ya. Kevin, thanks for the lesson. Maybe this is one I can learn from someone else's mistake! Thanks oh wise one!!!! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. that was seriously profound. i'm going to think about that.

    ReplyDelete