Well, considering the only people that look at this are me and Trina, I know we are both fully aware of the fact that Mandy is leaving us (well pretty much me and Sarah cuz we're the only other ones not married yet) and getting married to Sir Kevin G. in only a few short days. Wow. I don't know whether I should be happy or sad right now. Its kind of a mix. One eye is shedding tears of joy while the other tastes of the bitter tears of loneliness and abandonment. Maybe someday I'll have the joy of getting married as well, and if not I really better learn to like cats, because ALL old maids have cats. It must be one of those unspoken rules that you have to have one if you're over 30 and not married. Sigh. I think I'll get a turtle instead. But anyway, it's really been an adventure having a sister that looks just like you, especially now that she is getting married because everywhere I go I get comments like, "I got your announcement today!!" "I'm so happy for the both of you!" "When is the big day?" "Can I see the ring?" or my personal favorite, "Aren't you just like, totally happy now??" I can't even stand in the isle at the grocery store left alone deep in thought considering the pro's and con's of Western Family Corn Flakes compared to the infamous Kellog's Frosted Flakes without being interupted by bystanders trying to get me to blow off my non-existant fience for some hunk of a guy a friend of their friend knows who would make the perfect match for me (well Mandy really). After I kindly inform them that MANDY is already very happy with Kevey Pooh, they quickly walk away. That's when I nearly go into a little thing I like to call the lonely coma, induced when I hear too many comments by people who are wishing their brother or nephew or second cousin would have fell in love with my wonderful sister before it was too late. Don't they realize I'm still single? Still in the viscious cycle of (non-existant)love? I think I'm totally dateable but apparently I'm missing something... Something big. You'd think that will 17 Billion people on this planet there would be at least one guy out there for me!! Maybe mine was left on Mars.
That is totally hilarious! I wish I had your wit and charm! Some guy is totally going to discovert that some day. Hang in there!! :-) You are a Baker Babe you know!!! (we don't stay single long) Besides, you're only 17!!!
ReplyDelete-Tink-
yep, mars. and hope he stays there for awhile! you're better off with out him! fun post. singlehood rocks while you have it!
ReplyDelete