Monday, March 30, 2009

Food Projects

Well I have completed my food projects, even if some what unsuccesfully. Trina you make everything you do look so easy, and so i'm always like ok well this is a breeze for Trina so it can't be that hard for me. Think again Sarah, you're not the one and only Trina Baker Allred queen of anything she lays her hands on. It's mostly with cooking because that's as far as I've dared try in Trina's shadow.
So anyways I had to make something from Venezula for spanish which was due Monday (today) then I have these ham roles I have to make for English tomorrow. So Saturday night as I was carefully making my plan of action. I figured I would make my "venezulan" Guacamole (ahhhh hahahah he really fell for that one!) but anyways I would make that Sunday night and then make the ham role Monday night. So sunday night I'm cuttin up onions, tomatos, and alvicados and it's all great ya know. It was amazing, people in venezula sure have it made, my confidence way sky high. I was so excited, next day I take it to school, everyone loves it, and I could hardly keeps my teachers grimmy hands off of it. There was no question in his mind that it was venezulan guacamole and that's what the resipe said but it was the same as american guacamole pretty much some people just have higher guacamole making skills than others and can make it tast foreighn. It was awesome. So I get home and I start making the ham roles, but of course because Trina did it before me I screwed it up bad! First of all I couldn't get the stupid cream cheese to spread on the ham, so after a few angry pg words under my breath Katie picks up the container of cream cheese and she's like "Umm.... Sarah this is whipped cream." ya I know right rediculus. I was about ready to break the pickle jar, smear the cream cheese or should I say whipped cream all over someones face, and throw the ham at the wall, but fortanatley for me Katie can't read and my Mom can and we soon descovered that it was cream cheese. Ah yes cream cheese, never was I so happy to hear those two words in my life! So then after about 3 pieses of ham I realized that if you dry off the ham really good the cream cheese spreads out just a tad bit better. So I finally get the cream cheese on and I slap the pickle in there, role it up and I'm not even kidding that think was the size of a sprinkler pipe! It was HUGE! Someone obviously forgot to tell me that you have to cut the pickle to the perfect size! I just through one on there. So then I practiced a couple, I'm getting good, doin better right. Well as I go to reach for my next piece of ham, it's gone. So I was out of supplies, I had like 5 desent looking ham roles on the plate and I had drivers ed in 20 minutes. Perfect. I almost called Trina about 9 times but I refused to tell her that I failed.......again, but I guess she already knows, Mom probably called her and told her never to give me another idea like this again. So pretty much my family just laughed at me and I was getting emotional about the whole situation so i just set my things down and went to drivers ed. When I got home I was set on making them look good so I put every ounce of consintration I had into a piece of ham, a pickle, and a little cream cheese and one by one I completed my tast. Needless to say it does not look like Trina's, but some day Trin, some day.

2 comments:

  1. Practice makes perfect! Not that my ham rolls are. You should see my mother-in-laws! She is the perfect ham roller! I'm sure they were great, You underestimate yourself! I'm glad your guacamole was great! You're funny Sarah! You should have called me. I could have told you that the ham is better dry and the pickle needs to be cut, but I thought you knew! Sounds like I need to let you have a little more time in the kitchen and stop doing it for you! Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah you are awesome. It is hard to live in the 4'10" shadow of my darling wife but you do it so well. I am so glad you are my sister I think you are awesome inspite of your inability to make expert ham rolls. Don't worry to much about it because few people have perfected the art and I am sure next thanksgiving you will be a old pro. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete