Friday, March 6, 2009

coolest mom on the block

I might be the coolest mom on the block but I don't think that I qualify as Addie's favorite Grandma. We went to the park this morning and played on the swings and slides until she decided that her feet were cold so we came home.
She wanted cereal and I thought that she should have some real food for lunch. She cried and cried and told her mom on the phone that I didn't let her have any cereal all day (she had some for breakfast.) Lisa Orme and Grant(WE saw them at the park) came over and had lunch with us so that cheered her up a bit and she did eat some real food.
I also left her with Katie while I ran to the post office to mail a letter. She "combed" her hair with the sissors this morning and has been absolutely fasinated with the sissors and her hair. Last night she found them and I felt like this was just a disaster waiting to happen. I put them away but she found them again this morning. She said that if she combs her hair with the sissors it gets all the snarles out. I put them away again but apparently I should have hidden them.
--You guessed it....while I was at the post office she gave herself a lovely hair cut. She was soooo right It got all the snarles out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Trina, There just must be something in the air today!
Heidi had her baby last Wed. He is a cute little thing and both mom and baby are doing better now.
Brett is doing well, but a bit disappointed because all his teaching pool kind of decided they weren't ready to listen to missionaries.
Jon and Ruth's house is coming along. The sheetrock is up and passed the inspection.
So far everyone still have their jobs --we are really thankful for that and for everyone's health.
Katie and Sarah stayed with Helen and Steve Breckenridge while I was in Cedar with the new mom and baby--we really appreciate their love and help, they have been wonderful to us.
Grandma Baker had a rough day on Monday and wasn't able to go to her radiation treatment because she was so sick but yesterday when I talked to Diann she was doing a lot better.
Camron has spring break next week so he will probably come down tonight.
Trina and Jon are doing well, Read her blog--it tells all!!! Leighna is a pretty cute girl and in her own words "I busy" love ya -mom

2 comments:

  1. AHHHHHH! I don't know if I can handle another haircut!!!! Leighna's hair will never be the same! And now Addie :-( And right before Mandy's wedding! We are all going to look homeless! Mom I guess you deserve the best Grandma on the block award too! Sorry for the trouble! Just think I could have sent Leighna instead of Addie!
    -Tink-

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know what, grandma baker? i WOULD call you the coolest mom on the block!!! k.j. sure thinks so!!!

    ReplyDelete