To try to summarize the wonderful life my Grandma lived makes me feel like I've failed before I've even started. There are so many amazing things she did that it is impossible to find words for everything. Her love for life and her family was something you can only understand if you knew her. The sound of her contagious laugh and bright smile are some of the things I will always remember, and miss the most whenever I think of her. With Grandma, there was never a dull moment. She could liven up a lethargic group of senior citizens or have the whole house laughing with her bright sense of humor and witty personality. Whether she was telling about earlier times when she left her fiancee and eloped with Grandpa, or about the time she painted the neighbors garage because the reflection of the sun hurt her eyes, she lived life to the fullest.
Grandma would be the first to speak her mind, and the last to stop working to take a break. She taught us the value of hard work and dedication, and the importance of a good laugh when times were tough. Spring will never be the same without going to Grandma's to cut and stack firewood and burn all the weeds from her yard-- plus all the neighbors. There was never a flower out of place or a weed on the lot. I remember as a young kid having a snowball fight with the blossoms on her snowball bush. Needless to say, I don't think I've ever been more scared of Grandma in my life. After a good lickin' and a long lecture, we had to pick up ever flower from that bush off the ground and throw them away. Her love of the outdoors and a nice yard is something I see everyday in the life of my family members, and especially my dad and brothers and I'm so grateful that every time I look at them, I will see part of her.
I will always miss seeing her right after a bad haircut to hear her say how horrible I looked, having her compare all of our chest sizes to see who would benefit the most from using the squishy ball as stuffing for our bras, making us give the smallest piece of pie to Jonny, and always sharing stories and a good laugh with her.
I Love You Grandma!! Thanks for your great example and the love you’ve shared with all of us. Life won’t be the same without you, but because of you, we're all a little stronger and a little better.
Christmas Day
7 months ago



great tribute to Grandma!
ReplyDelete