Friday, May 15, 2009

The True Meaning of BROKE

Finding a penny on the side of the road is not something taken lightly any more. Pennies are my main sourse of income. I take a walk every night in search of such treasures. Upon finding one I lovingly pick it up and look at it tenderly with a slight sting of anger I wonder who would so carelessly leave such a valuble lying there. I save for weeks just so I can by a cookie at lunch. I have no more candy stashed in my pockets, backpack, or bedroom. I haven't been shopping for 6 months. I haven't put on deoderent for almost 2, can't pay. I haven't brushed my teeth for 3 because I can't afford toothpast and my toothbrush has no brush left (I follow Brett's motto for brushing my teeth "You're never done brushing til you're bleeding.) and I don't have money for a new one. I use to be able to scrounge up a dollar or two. Those days are long gone, now I'm lucky if I can find a pennies. Of course money is not everything but you need money for everything. I think I will just steel a new toothbrush and toothpast and then go to jail. At least you don't need money there.

4 comments:

  1. I hear jail food is actually pretty good...steak and potatoes! Thanks for posting I absolutely loved it!!!! Don't worry, those pennies add up, just not very fast! Keep collecting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know what? i'm pretty sure i've got a toothbrush and toothpaste you can have. do they still serve those amazingly large and delicious chocolate chip cookies for lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes they do but now they are $0.50 instead of 25

    ReplyDelete
  4. The raise in cookie price is because the price of oil went up, did you know that one single cookies has enough greese to fry an egg with? And mom has some steal wool she uses to clean, just attach it to your tooth brush and go to town, I'm sure it will be able to get off all that yucky stuff a normal toothbrush wouldn't be able to touch on your teeth.

    ReplyDelete