It all started out with the best of intentions, and then it turned into a father's day flop. So let me explain myself. It was my first Father's day with Kevin, so of course I wanted to do something really special. The instructions he gave me were something like this: I don't want you to spend any money on me, it would be more meaningful to me if you would just do something for me. I thought to myself okay, sure that won't be too difficult. As Father's day got closer and closer I still didn't know what I would do for him that would be super awesome. So by friday I still had not come up with anything. I talked to Heidi and asked her if she had any ideas. She had what I thought at the time was a great idea. She suggested that I give him a back massage. I thought great! I can do that and he would love it! So I decided that I would give him a back massage on Saturday night instead of on Sunday. So Saturday night I told Kevin that part of his Father's day had to be done that night. In preparation I sent Kevin to our living room and proceeded to set up our room as a spa. I made the bed, put in the classical music and lit the candles. (Yes this is where the flop comes in.) I left my room to get Kevin from the living room. I made him close his eyes and I led him to our room. I reached behind me and grabed for the door handle, to my utter discust I had locked both Kevin and I out of our room. I frantically turned to the door and started pounding on it... yelling "oh no! There are burning candles in there!" Realizing that no one was in my room to open the door, I stopped my pounding and turned around to face my husband, who was trying to calm me down and figure out a way to open the door. Luckily his wallet was in the living room and he was able to open our door with a credit card. I'm sure you will be happy to hear that my house did not burn down. But this did not end Father's day. The next day in my desperate attempt to do something special for Kevin without spending money was continued. He got up and went to shower and while he was in there I fixed him breakfast. It was not going well. I thought I would fix him a breakfast burrito , bacon, strawberries and orange juice. When I got done with the burrito and set it on the plate, it looked like a little kid had already started eating it. The shell was all broken up and falling apart-it was horrible. The bacon was so black I refused to eat it myself, and needless to say I didn't. I watched him eat his breakfast, of course he didn't say a word, he thanked me graciously. Needless to say I ate cereal. I wish that were the end, and that nothing else went wrong, but sadly there is more. So for church we decided that we would all make cookies and after Relief Society we would combine all of our cookies and take each of our husbands a plate. So I wanted it to be a surprise. I made candy to take to church. I didn't tell him what it was for. I make a perfect plan so he wouldn't even know I left the church to go home and get my treat. I left my window rolled down so i could reach in and open the door. I make sure there was a spare key in the car. Sunday School finally ended and I told the lady next to me that I was going to run home and get my treat. My plan was working out great. I got in my car and raced to my house, Kevin would never know I was gone. I ran up the stairs in my high heel shoes and finally arrived at my door. It was locked. Of course it was locked! We always lock the door! I had not planned as well as I thought I had. I ran down the stairs and to my apartment manager's house hoping they had sluffed the last meeting to go home and eat. They hadn't. My wonderful plan was failing. As I slowly went up the stairs again hoping that by some miracle my door had magically been opened, it was not. Then in fustration I turned around and lo and behold I saw the number 2. Yes that was my solution. Apartment number 2. My dear sweet sister Heidi lives in number 2. To my great relief they answered to my pounding. I told them of my plan and told them I was locked out. Jason being the awesome person that he is used his credit card to open my door. I finally left my house about a half an hour later. I got back to the church and parked in almost the same place. Even though I had missed half of the meeting Kevin would still not even know I had been gone. I walked into the Relief Society room. They were just starting the lesson. I was confused. While I was gone they had decided to give the cookies to their husbands at the first of the meeting!! Oh yes, I felt like the biggest idiot in the whole world. I set my treat down, and almost started to cry as i listened to the words of the lesson. The whole rest of the meeting all I could think about was my poor husband sitting in Priesthood and having all the other wives bring them cookies, and him just sitting there. I felt like a jerk. He had no idea where I was. So again I had blown it. The lady I told I was going to get my treat thankfully made a plate for Kevin, and told him I went home to get cookies. He said we don't have cookies. Ahh and no one is to blame but me. In my attempt to make it the best Father's day ever, it ended in almost the worst. So ladies when your husband says "oh its okay don't buy me anything for Father's day," don't listen! Just do it! I'm sure he will forgive you for spending a little money! And to you Kevin, I really do love you.
That is probably the sadest story I've ever heard in a while. I'm sure he still loves you, don't worry, who couldn't love a sister that looks exactly like me :) Love ya
ReplyDelete-Kate
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH wow laughs on you! That's awesome truely. SAD but really you made my day and Kevin is such a nice guy i'm sure he never even had seconds thoughts about marring you the whole time. :) Love ya kid!
ReplyDeleteSad. Sometimes I think the harder you try the worse it gets. Maybe if we tried nothing it would work out better! Just kidding. Kevin appreciates your efforts. Some day you will look back and laugh! ;)
ReplyDelete