Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Boys, Bikers, and Babes

I would like to inform everyone that I have been promoted. Instead of the white black girl who has been a slave to everyone since approximately March 27th, I have now moved up to the position of Slave-Master. I have willingly sacrificed myself for the better good, namely: Sarah. I am now in the position to become corrupted by the influence of power so that she can stay humble and meek like she needs to. In other words, she has my job. The poor unfortunate soul. Well, as a high and mighty server, I now get to entertain the guests. Lucky me. In the two nights I have worked it has actually been very eventful, and has quite exceeded my expectations in that way. On Monday night, I was nervous to say the least. Everyone had told me their horror stories about the hand held computers we now use instead of doing everything by hand. From charging people the wrong ticket to having them freeze and not being able to use them at all I was expecting the worst. The other girl who recently got promoted went home crying like crazy her first night, and she never cries. Well, thankfully my parents taught me to rely on someone bigger then me that can solve any problem big or small. Before work I prayed my heart out and went to face the wolves. My first table was the Mickelson's. That's right, the ninny's come out to their restaurant and make us wait on them, which is totally awkward and annoying. But besides that, so far so good. One after another, my tables would come in, eat, and leave happy. It was a miracle. I didn't have any problems the whole night. Everything went smooth as butter. There was a table of five boys that came in that the other server took care of. I just ignored them mainly because their server is quite annoying but also because I had my own tables to take care of. Well, as I was walking by, they called me over to talk to me. I went over and talked for a few minutes and left, no biggie. When they left however, their server and another worker came running back to find me because low and behold, they left me their number :) woot woot!! I don't think their waitress was very happy that her table left me their number, but what can I say :). Other then that, the night was fairly normal. Then last night. Wow, where to begin.... My very first table was two hard core bikers who were probably in their early fifties. They raced cars and rode Harlies and were probably the ones who started the stereotype for bikers. Their arms were completely tattooed and they had the big chest and arms that would cause you to go to the emergency room if you accidentally ran into them, built like a rock, well probably boulder. Anyway, they came in and started showing me these pictures of their sons and saying all these weird things about how we would make such a cute couple and we could live in their house and ride their motorcycles, and all sorts of strange things. It was actually really funny when the one guy pulled out the picture of his sons because he was showing me the picture of the older one but there was someone else in the picture with him. She had long naturally curly hair, and looked a little young for him, but it was my only chance. When he said he would send his son down, I said the first thing I could. "He already has a girl though." Oops. In these days you actually can't say that, because in fact, there are boys with long curly hair too. It was his other son. My bad!! I felt stupid but didn't really care because they were so happy to be there they just thought it was funny. Well, they kept going on and on and on and on and wanted to send a picture to the son, and wanted me to take a picture with their race car but luckily, their phone died! Hallelujah!!! The next two hours were spent listening to them decide which actress I looked like, what their next motorcycle trip was, and watching people get attacked by the birds outside in the front trees. It was very interesting. They did leave a good tip though, which was great. It made for an exciting night, and I'm excited to see what tonight brings. Who knows, maybe this time I'll meet prince charming for reals.

4 comments:

  1. Too Funny! So I take it you are liking your job a little better! That's good! How's Sarah liking it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that's awesome!! I want a job there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you really need to write something about your adventures! you haven't since like 2 weeks ago.:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you ever going to post again???

    ReplyDelete