Unexpected things happen all the time. You don't trip going up the stairs. You have a good hair day. You only fail your math test by 21 points. The world is filled with surprises. Well my friends, my life, and the life of my roommates, is no exception. Last Monday was a prime example of this:
The day started out like normal. We all went our separate ways and didn't see each other until that night. Nothing too unexpected yet. Around 7:00 me and my roommate Kami decided to go for a walk since nothing else was getting done and our house holds the world record for being the most boring. It was a little on the not smart side just because it was a bajillion degrees below zero, but still nothing we couldn't handle.
Since we were nearly frozen to death when we got back we decided it would be a really good idea to warm our innards with some delightful hot chocolate so off we went to our bedrooms to rob our piggy banks for the change we needed.
When I walked into my room from the kitchen I caught a strange odor coming from somewhere. Could it be smoke?? Could fires start when it was absolute zero outside? I wasn't sure. That's when I decided to call on my faithful roommates to help me decipher the smells coming from somewhere in my room. I called in Janelle and Kami and asked if they smelled anything. They stepped barely inside the doorway and one said she smelled bacon while the other couldn't smell anything. Something was definitely wrong with their sniffers. So I did the only sensible thing I could and told them to come stand in the middle of the room where I was and asked them again if they could smell the non-identifiable odor.
That is when the unexpected happened. From somewhere deep inside my being there was a slight rumble and before I knew it a silent little breeze blew from my backside. What was I supposed to do?!? I knew my capabilities being a Baker and all and I feared for my roommates lives, or at least their nasal cavities. Before I could think of a good excuse for them not to come any closer they were standing next to me, noses crinkled. They finally smelled what they thought I was smelling before.
I did my best to hold in my fits of laughture and just let them think what they wanted. Janelle kept sniffing everything and finally turned her head toward my bathroom door and took a few wiffs before turning back to the center of the room where I was standing when the accident happened to sniff a few more times.
Needless to say we didn't stay around long to try and identify what was causing the stench and Kami and Janelle still don't know what really happened that fateful day and they will probably never will. Next time I'll make sure to be more careful.
Christmas Day
7 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment