Friday, September 18, 2009

What is this this we call 'like'?

First off, I would like to take a minute to re-introduce myself since I have had a very extended absence. I Katie Dawn Baker am young, single, and smokin hott like the rest of my sisters (to bad no young, single, smokin hott men read this.) I'm back. Hallelujah!
I will now take a minute to enlighten you in a little situation I am having. As you all know, I deserve a boyfriend. A beautiful boyfriend. A beautiful boyfriend who brings me flowers and makes me dinner. It's not that there aren't any options down here because by-golly there are a lot, it's like I was fishing in a stream before and now it's like a small river. Very refreshing. Well in one of my classes there happens to be this boy. A cowboy/farm-boy. Not exactly what I was looking for, but definitely on the radar. Well after class he kept being sneaky and walking me home (cuz he parked close of course) and all kinds of crazy stuff. The particular day that the situation got quite exciting was Tuesday. We made popcorn balls together and later went up the canyon for a bon fire with his roommates and his brother and wife. Background: His roommates and him are the funniest people I have almost ever met (there could be exceptions) they laugh about everything! It is always exciting to hang out with them and by the time I go home I have a sore face and sore abs from laughing so much. Anyway so up the canyon we spent the whole time telling jokes and just goofing off. One of his roommates (Brady) kept scaring everyone trying to freak us out. Well one time I was standing next to Allen (mystery boy from class) and Brady tickled my ear, I flipped. I thought it was something scary and I jumped and grabbed onto Allen and screamed a little bit loud. That triggered something inside his puny little brain and they kept doing it because I kept getting scared and holding on to him. I didn't mean to it just happened. Well, Allen decided to become protector and put his arm around me to keep me safe. Well the rest is kind of history. We went and watched a movie with Brian (his other roommate) and his girlfriend and stuff like that. When he took me home, we accidentally turned our heads at the same time and went to speak which made our lips poke out a little bit and somehow they connected. Weirdest thing ever. I'm not exactly sure how it happened like that. Anyhow, that's where the situation comes into play. As much as I deserve a boyfriend I don't want one. It makes life to complicated and then all you can think about is that person and you never get anything done and you always want to spend time together and your not sure what to think because you like them a whole lot but your scared and you don't know why you like them so much you just know you do and your personalities somehow match even though your from completely different backgrounds and you love being with them because they make you laugh all the time but you don't know exactly what to make of everything and it just is crazy and complicated and exciting and scary and nerve racking and makes you shake when you think about it too much. And that is currently where I am at. Advice anyone?? Mom I know you're probably disappointed again cuz I'm not engaged and somehow found the lips of another on mine-but it wasn't me it was that other persons fault.

2 comments:

  1. It's always fun to be in "like" but the other great thing about being in "like" is that you don't have to be committed to that one person. You can certainly still date and have fun with other people. When you are ready to give your whole heart and soul to just one person, then you are in "love". Until then enjoy the ride!
    (just a small opinion from your big sister!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Lynn says: You can b.s. the tourists but we live around here. You may have not been expecting it, but when I was a pup we called stuff like that an opportunity corner etc... (an opportunity corner is when the driver goes a little fast around a corner so the buddy in the back seat can accidently get a little closer without it being super obvious.)

    ReplyDelete